Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Reviews job related information (part drawing, work procedures, customer requirements, industry standards)
- Performs manual measurements and dimensional checks using gages (calipers, micrometers)
- Performs incoming inspection on castings/raw material
- Performs incoming inspection for special processes (paint, silkscreen, etc.)
- Document and complete required routing for all incoming parts
- Segregates non-conforming material/parts from conforming
- Ensures non-conforming material gets to the MRB table for review process
- Archives measurement data in electronic format if needed
- Inspects and documents condition of customer owned parts prior to rework
- Provides inspected and confirmed parts/material to the next process step on router
- Coordinates with logistics in ensuring proper documentation is received with incoming parts and is recorded
- Communicates quality issues to Quality Assistant, Quality Engineer and Quality Manager as needed
- Retrieves and provides reports to Team and/or management as needed
- Supports Quality Assistant with FAI documentation if needed
- Supports Quality Assistant in quarantining non-conforming goods from different locations if needed
- Act as back up/fill in for other Quality positions as needed
- Helps to maintain quality work areas (5S)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Work experience with quality inspection instruments, processes, and procedures
• Proficient in Imperial and Metric system
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• The employee frequently is required to talk and hear and occasionally to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.