|Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc.
601 black bears way, tuscaloosa, alabama 35401-4807
telephone (205) 752-5429
toll free (855) 211-0950
facsimile (205) 469-0062Human Resources
Cynthia W. BurtonExecutive Director
September 5, 2018
Title: Information Technology (IT) Technician
Employment Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt, Non-Safety-Sensitive
Summary of the Position: See Attached Job Description
Qualifications of the Position: See Attached Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities: See Attached Job Description
Salary and Application Procedures: This is a Grade Level 3 position on the CSP Salary Scale with a pay rate of $15.12 - $23.29 per hour. Current employees may apply by submitting a letter of interest along with and updated employment application. Other interested applicants may apply by submitting a completed employment application obtained from the website at www.cspwal.com or by contacting the Human Resources department of CSP at (205) 752-5429 to request an application. Completed and signed applications may be submitted in person, by mail or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, handicap status, age, or national origin. CSP maintains a Drug Free Workplace Policy and the applicant is subject to pre-employment and random alcohol and drug testing. CSP operates a licensed children facility and applicants will be subject to criminal history background checks. CSP is an E-verify Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.
Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc.
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Technician
Division/Department: Supportive Services
Reports To: IT Administrator
Exemption Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Non-Safety-Sensitive
Grade/Salary: Grade Level III $15.12 - $23.29
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Technology (IT) Technician is responsible to the IT Administrator for maintaining and managing the computer systems, telecommunications systems, networks, software programs, websites and social media activities related to Agency operations. The IT Technician provides on-going training in basic computer and software usage for all current and new employees. In addition, the IT Technician provides training and support to administrative staff in monitoring productivity and program management software. The IT Technician must be familiar with all components of all agency productivity and program management software and Agency data systems, as well as be knowledgeable of Agency programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Supervisor may assign other duties.)
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer equipment and peripherals.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Input data into IT management program and monitor status of outstanding and resolved issues.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service, upon instruction.
Supervisory Requirements: none
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; AND/OR
- Minimum of two years’ progressive experience in working as an IT technician supporting multiple users, multiple locations, and multiple hardware and software configurations.
- Prefer experience implementing new software systems.
- Must have solid working knowledge of computer hardware, productivity, software and management software interfaces, including ability to troubleshoot hardware, software and peripheral issues.
- Must have solid working knowledge of computer and software terminology and principles;
- Time management skills to determine the most efficient and effective means to perform job responsibilities.
- Experience in assessing training needs and deliver training in basic computer and software usage to individuals and large and small groups.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Alabama driver’s license.
- Serviceable automobile with liability insurance.
- Ability to develop and conduct comprehensive in-service training workshops.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to diverse populations.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees and families.
- Ability to communicate in large and small group settings.
- Ability to compute simple math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to use fractions and percentages.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot integrated systems and computer problems.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in resolving computer problems.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with time constraints.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through consistently.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to develop working rapport quickly and easily.
- Ability to travel service area to provide IT support.
- Ability to attend trainings relevant to enhancement of job skills and knowledge of Agency operations.
- Ability to contribute to a positive teamwork environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities previously mentioned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to drive, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust and focus, and to use computer screens. Extensive data entry and writing is required. The employee travels regularly by auto throughout the Agency’s Service area.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is acceptable in the work environment. Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The supervisor may assign additional duties.
- August 2018