Responsible for maintaining DCH buildings, equipment and grounds.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains and improves buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Emergency repairs, scheduled repairs, preventative maintenance, and inspections.
- Provision of reliable utilities.
- Regulatory compliance of buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Ordering parts and materials.
- Attend all scheduled classes and meetings.
- Complete all required logs and records.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required. Must possess a valid Alabama Drivers License and be acceptable for insurance coverage as driver of company vehicle on DCH insurance policy.
Two year technical degree directly applicable to primary assignment and two years of experience either in health facility engineering or relevant to primary assignment;
five years experience relevant to primary assignment or position with an Engineering Services at a DCH facility;
ten years experience utilizing relevant general
Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Possible exposure to chemicals and/or hazardous materials, voltages, steam, pressurized air or fluids.
Requires possible intermittent wearing of common protective or safety equipment.
H-Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work as described by Department of Labor-Physical Demand Definitions. Climbing stairs, ladders and scaffolding, and working at heights above thirty (30) feet. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking, reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling, working in a confined space, and working within extreme temperature ranges. Good manual dexterity. Good communication skills. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical presence onsite is essential.
Contact with others; Job requires frequent interaction with others, either face-to-face, by telephone, radio or other forms of communication.