Responsible for maintaining DCH buildings, equipment and grounds.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains and improves buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Emergency repairs, scheduled repairs, preventative maintenance, and inspections.
- Provision of reliable utilities.
- Regulatory compliance of buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Ordering parts and materials.
- Attend all scheduled classes and meetings.
- Complete all required logs and records.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Primary assignment areas may include one or more of the following: Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, locksmith, welding and/or painting.
- Two year technical degree directly applicable to primary assignment and two years’ experience in area of primary assignment. Or five years’ experience relevant to primary assignment area or with Engineering Services at a DCH Facility.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and be eligible for insurance coverage as a driver of company vehicle on DCH insurance policy.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
- Daily communication with others, either face-to-face, by telephone, radio or other forms of communication.
- Possible exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, chemicals and/or hazardous materials, voltages, steam, pressurized air or fluids.
- Requires possible intermittent wearing of common protective or safety equipment.
- Will be assigned to an eight hour shift. May be required to work relief for other shifts and/or participate in weekend coverage. Could be subject to modified scheduled work hours.
- Must be available for participation in on-call rotation schedule.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing stairs, ladders, and scaffolding, and working at heights above thirty (30) feet. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking, reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling, working in a confined space, and working within extreme temperature ranges.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills.
KEY WORD SEARCH
Engineering, Facility, Facilities, Mechanic
- Must be able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range.
- Physical presence onsite is essential.