Recruiter performs a variety of recruitment, retention and compensation functions. Interviews and screens applicants, refers to the department level for hiring decisions. Develops creative recruitment plans to attract and hire the best qualified candidates.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains good rapport with all DCH Health System management and personnel to assist in determining personnel and staffing needs. Regularly assesses vacancy reports. Develops recruitment plan and determines recommendation for interview events and college/career fairs to fill open positions. Regularly communicates with hiring manager. Works with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruitment plans and adjusts as needed to attract appropriate, qualified candidate pools.
- Participates in recruitment advertising coordination and review for most cost effective, yet marketable avenues.
- Uses applicant tracking system for requisition tracking, job postings, pertinent applicant and interview data and reporting. Prepares and maintains periodic reports as needed.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites. Provides information regarding career opportunities in the Health System and the total rewards package. Makes presentations to these and other groups. Participates in a variety of career fairs, conferences, etc.
- Coordinates the full cycle of the recruitment process, including recruiting, screening of qualified applicants, interviewing, offer negotiations and new hire on boarding for the Health System.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants and analyzing responses and compares qualifications to job requirements.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding and enforcing current legislation with hiring managers.
- Initiates completion of background and reference checks on all new hires and ensures all legal and regulatory requirements are met for onboarding. Documents appropriately.
- Obtains salary & hiring approvals from Director when necessary.
- Creates offer letters and all related paperwork/documentation accurately and timely for on boarding and legal compliance.
- Arranges personal schedule to accommodate overnight travel for recruitment events.
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional networks.
- Evaluates trends in recruitment and the job market as well as recommends recruitment strategies.
- May coordinate the internship, job shadowing and/or scholarship loan program.
- Presents healthcare career information to various groups which may include children up to adult audiences.
- Assists in the development and dissemination of job offer, rejection and other candidate communication material.
- May research and coordinate contractual agreements with external recruiting firms as necessary.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum six months professional level human resource recruitment experience required
Bachelor’s OR Master’s degree in Human Resource Management required.
High school diploma or GED AND minimum of 7 years HR employee recruitment, interviewing and onboarding experience.
- General human resources process knowledge required.
- Proven interviewing technique skills preferred.
- Federal I-9 compliance knowledge preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Applicant tracking system skills such as Taleo preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required.
- Must have reliable transportation sources for recruitment travel events, etc.
Physical presence onsite is essential. Sedentary work in office environment and prolonged standing for recruitment events – 4 to 10 hours. Ability to lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. Good manual and finger dexterity. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Frequent contact with others: deals with internal and external customers, face-to-face discussions, email and telephone communications. Possible dealings with unpleasant or angry people, public speaking, and conflict situations/resolution.