Primary responsibilities will be the ordering, purchasing, verifying invoices at delivery, proper stock rotation, and inventory for all food and most supplies used in Nutritional Services. These food and supply items are ordered via computer and an integrated system utilizing CBORD (FSS). The food/supplies are entered into the CBORD system and the order is automatically transmitted to the prescribed vendor(s). At delivery, items are visually inspected and compared to the delivery invoice for each item and the ordering clerk accepts the delivery by signing the invoice. Responsibilities include to physically date each item/case with month and day delivered, and to rotate and put each case away in the proper place. The signed invoices are compiled and forwarded to the department secretary. This position is also responsible for the upkeep, cleaning, sweeping and mopping, sanitizing, and organization of storeroom, walk-in and some reach-in coolers/freezers according to Health Department and JCAHO standards. Responsibilities will also include working on the patient Room Service line, delivering carts or trays or whenever needed for patient services and may be required to work an eight hour shift in sanitation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Orders all food and supplies from appropriate vendors, via the computer using CBORD and ensure quality meets specifications.
- Maintains adequate par levels of food and supplies to assure product availability.
- Distributes all requisitioned food and supplies to the appropriate areas in the department.
- Assists with the planning and execution of all catered events on/off campus.
- Maintains cleanliness in all food storage areas including dry storage and all refrigeration.
- Maintains HACCP records for receiving, rejecting and storage of food and supplies where appropriate.
- Works the patient Room Service line as needed or directed to maintain Patient Satisfaction levels.
- Work in sanitation when scheduling issue/conflicts arise.
- Responsible for active participation in performance improvements standards.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High school graduate or equivalent is preferred. Must be able understand, interpret, and follow detailed written and oral instructions. A minimum of one year verifiable experience in operating a medium to large food service storeroom with computer assisted ordering and receiving is required. Experience in food service areas such as food production and inventory control and basic computer literacy is strongly encouraged with the ability to read and interpret invoices and order guides. This position will need excellent communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills. Will be required to complete the ServSafe class within six months after hire and score a minimum of 75% on the written test. Must be able to read and write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.