Provides nursing care for assigned residents according to established standards and practices, including state, federal and JCAHO.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Provides nursing care for assigned residents. Assesses resident conditions including physical, behavioral, psychosocial, developmental, and age specific factors and plans of care according to identified problems.
- Uses the nursing process to provide all levels of direct resident care.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the facility.
- Utilizes good communication and documentation skills to ensure proper plan of care from the physician and other disciplines.
- Ensures nursing assistants are providing quality care and perform their duties in accordance with each resident's plan of care following the policy and procedure manual of the facility.
- Performs duties based upon established standards of practice for adults and geriatrics.
- Provide services in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
LPN degree required. High School diploma or equivalent required. Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Alabama. CPR certification up-to-date. Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English. Computer skills for general knowledge of facility computers preferred. Demonstrates good communication skills for all population served. Positive attitude toward the elderly.