Serves as a key resource between DCH Health System departments, vendors and the Information Technology Department. Reviews customers’ needs and implements appropriate technology to meet these needs. Develops policies, procedures and support documentation related to the use, management, and support of applications. Has a key role in planning, developing and implementing projects, with the possibility of serving as project leader on some projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Serves as a key resource between DCH Health System departments and Information Technology Department.
- Reviews customers’ needs and implements appropriate technology to meet these needs
- Develops procedures related to the use, management, and support of assigned applications
- Has a key role in planning, developing and implementing projects, with the possibility of serving as a project leader or managing small to medium complexity projects
- Serves as a key IT resource for application projects
- Develops, implements, and documents plans for IT applications consistent with customer requirements and industry standards.
- Serves as a resource for all IT tasks and projects with a focus on higher end / advanced solutions
- Serves as a training resource and mentor new employees
- Participates in on-call and weekend coverage as needed
- Develops and implements cost savings and performance improvement processes
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Performs essential job functions in a manner that ensures the safety of patients, visitors and employees.
- Identifies and reduces unsafe practices that may result in harm to patients, visitors and employees.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate action to reduce risks and hazards to promote safety for patients, visitors and employees.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Associate degree + [(4 years of IT experience) or (4 years Professional Licensed healthcare related experience)]
- Bachelor’s degree + [(2 years of IT experience) or (2 years Professional Licensed healthcare related experience)]
Demonstrates high-level skills in one of the following:
- Master’s degree
- Work experience may substitute for education requirement
- A qualifying IT certification from the approved DCH IT Certification List may count towards up to 2 years of IT work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to make formal presentations
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to deal effectively with all levels of personnel
- Possesses strong personal computer skills with experience in hospital or clinic applications
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English
- Skill in systems analysis techniques, project management techniques, financial applications, and/or clinical applications