PERFORMANCE PLANNINGProvides leadership for and management of food purchasing, storage, production, cafeteria and catering.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist in development and implements policies and procedures that provide high quality cafeteria, catering and patient food service while ensuring compliance with DCH, JCAHO, Federal, State, etc. laws, rules, policies, and standards.
- Assists with the development and attainment of Department goals and initiatives.
- Initiates, participates in, and supports a variety of Performance Improvement activities.
- Develops and oversees implementation of quality and productions standards and goals.
- Works with the Department Director and subordinate supervisors to ensure that adequate resources are available to accomplish the Department mission.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREDMust be a Certified Dietary Manager or Registered Dietitian. Must be a member of the Dietary Managers Association or the American Dietetic Association. If a Dietary Manager, must be hold a ServSafe Certification. Five years of hospital food service management experience required. Must possess basic computer skills and be able to perform all motor skills associated with computer operation. Must be able to drive a car.
Requires use of CBORD software. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Work may be in hot humid conditions above 90 F with occasional exposure to temperatures below 0 F. May be exposed to caustic chemical, hot surfaces and sharp objects. Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease and infection. Requires wearing common protective equipment to adhere to standard precautions, isolation procedures and safety procedures.
Medium work. Extensive walking, standing, and sitting required. Required to lift objects weighing 35 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Frequent face-to-face and telephone contact with employees, hospital staff, patients/families. Coordinates and leads a large group of employees and is responsible for outcomes and results of others’ work. Some contact with external customers. Heavy use of electronic email, Meditech, CBORD, and various human resource software programs. Possible dealings with upset or angry employees, patients or family members. Handles conflict resolution for conflicts between employees. Works independently and as a team member of several teams.