Provides leadership for and management of clinical nutrition practice and dietary care for inpatients and outpatients. Oversees Room Service Ambassadors, Call Center Representatives and Call Center operations at the Regional Medical Center. Maintains CBORD software for room service program. Serves as a resource for information and advice on all aspects of clinical nutrition and dietetic practice and care for all DCH entities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists in development and implements policies and procedures that provide high quality patient food service while ensuring compliance with DCH, Joint Commission, Federal, State, etc. laws, rules, policies, and standards.
- Assists with the development and attainment of Department goals and initiatives.
- Initiates, participates in, and supports a variety of Performance Improvement activities.
- Develops and oversees implementation of quality and production standards and goals.
- Performs a full range of human resource functions.
- Participates in interdisciplinary committees.
- Manages the Room Service aspect of patient menus, patientg dietary protocols and the Room Service Call Center operations that supports Regional Medical Center and Northport Medical Center.
- Serves as a resource for all aspects of clinical dietetics/nutritional practice for the DCH Health System.
- Works with the Department Director and subordinate supervisors to ensure that adequate resources are available to accomplish the Department mission.
- Serves as an Adjunct Instructor for the University of Alabama Coordinated Dietetics Program.
- Must adhere to all DCH Nutritional Services policies and procedures.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Must be a Registered Dietitian and hold a license from the State of Alabama (or become licensed by the State of Alabama when hired). Masters degree required. Must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Membership and participation in other professional organizations is strongly encouraged. Five years of clinical nutrition practice required. Manager’s ServSafe Certification required. Previous clinical nutrition and/or hospital food service management experience desired. CBORD experience desired. Previous Room Service experience preferred. Must possess basic computer skills and be able to perform all motor skills associated with computer operation. Must have reliable transportation for business travel between facilities. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Work may be in hot humid conditions above 90 F with occasional exposure to temperatures below 0 F. May be exposed to caustic chemical, hot surfaces and sharp objects. Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease and infection. Requires wearing common protective equipment to adhere to standard precautions, isolation procedures and safety procedures.
Medium work. Extensive walking, standing, and sitting required. Required to lift objects weighing 35 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Frequent face-to-face and telephone contact with employees, hospital staff, patients/families. Coordinates and leads a large group of employees and is responsible for outcomes and results of others’ work. Some contact with external customers. Heavy use of electronic email, Meditech, CBORD, and various human resource software programs. Possible dealings with upset or angry employees, patients or family members. Handles conflict resolution for conflicts between employees. Works independently and as a team member of several teams.
Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.Clinical Nutrition Manager - Nutritional Services