PERFORMANCE PLANNINGEnters food items into the cafeteria point of sale (POS) system. Enters customers charge information into the system and/or collects money from customers, makes change and gives customers receipts. Assists in the preparation and portioning of simple food items. Assists in serving food. Assists in the cleaning and maintenance of the server and dining areas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Receives change fund; performs cashier duties; turns funds and change fund into the responsible supervisor at the end of the shift.Completes all required records, receipts, etc. in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Enters food items selected by patrons into the POS system, collects payment from the customer and makes change if appropriate and gives the customer a receipt.Ensures that all cash and other sales/charge records are properly secured in the cash drawer (or other designated place).
- Assists with simple food preparation, baking, set up and service of foods in the Patio Grille and other designated places.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and assists with cleaning in the dining room, Patio Grille, and other areas as assigned.
- May require working variable shifts.
- Adheres to all DCH Health System and Nutritional Services policies and procedures.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School Graduate or equivalent preferred. Must be able to operate a computer/point of sale terminal, but prior experience is not required. ServSafe class is required with a minimum score of 75%. Normal vision, hearing, written, and oral communications skills are required. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English and be able to interpret and to follow oral and written instructions.