Under the direction of the Clinical Care Supervisor, the Behavioral Health Nurse will provide ongoing support and expertise, specifically the integration of behavioral health services, through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs in the Bibb, Choctaw, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Lamar, Marengo, Marion, Perry, Pickens, Sumter, Tuscaloosa, and WInston Counties. Monday-Friday schedule, competitive salary and benefit package.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively identifies or receives referrals for patient 1st recipients who are likely to be in need of ALCC's Behavioral Healthcare Coordination (BHC) program. Reviews daily patient admissions and ED reports.
- Screen, assess, and determine patient's appropriateness for ALCC's BHC program.
- Complete a standard screening and assessment tool based in case management software to evaluate patient needs, determine appropriate interventions, and set achievable goals based on an individualized plan of care.
Qualifications and Skills
- RN, BSN degree required; however, an ADN with extensive experience will also be considered
- Must be licensed in the State of Alabama.
- Experience in a behavioral healthcare/psychiatric
- At least 2 years case management experience is preferred
- Dependable transportation, valid Alabama driver’s license and insurance are required.