Position Title: Lead Service Electrician
Department: Electrical Service
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Position Grade: Class 7
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Summary of Duties:
The Lead Service Electrician is responsible for assisting with the inspection, installation, scheduling, calibrating, testing and repairs & maintenance of all electrical systems. The position requires supervising electrical staff, and electrical projects to include procurement of equipment, supplies and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, timecards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
- Develop proven track record in electrical repairs for interior and exterior projects.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED). (preferred)
- Clean, safe driving record.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License to include active liability insurance.
- Successful completion of required criminal record and motor vehicle record background checks.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Loud noise levels.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as fax, phones, computers.
- Ability to travel to construction, job and warehouse sites.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients.
- Ability to interact with others with positive professionalism.
- Ability to accurately read and understand technical instructions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to adapt and take on new assignments as needed.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and assignments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in constant state of alertness.
- Must be reliable, punctual and trustworthy.
- Reflect attendance dependability.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work effectively in office and field work.