Position Title: Lead Plumber
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Position Grade: Class 7
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Summary of Duties:
The Lead Plumber is responsible for assisting with the inspection, installation, scheduling, calibrating, testing and repairs & maintenance of all plumbing systems including natural gas, portable or fixed gas tanks and fuel oil systems, fire protection systems, sewage systems, drains/gutters, piping, grease traps, bathroom toilet fixtures and pumping equipment for the interior and exterior of the job. The position requires supervising plumbing staff, and plumbing projects to include procurement of equipment, supplies and materials. The Lead Plumber provides technical assistance to the job’s functional spaces, shops, and departments. Coordinates facilities management efforts and responds to plumbing, potable hot and cold-water, demand and sustainable water conservation needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets
- Develop proven track record in soldering, pipe threading, fixture installation, gas leak testing and repair.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Licensed with knowledge of local plumbing codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Clean, safe driving record.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License to include active liability insurance.
- Successful completion of required criminal record and motor vehicle record background checks.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Loud noise levels.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as fax, phones, computers.
- Ability to travel to construction, job and warehouse sites.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients.
- Ability to interact with others with positive professionalism.
- Ability to accurately read and understand technical instructions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to adapt and take on new assignments as needed.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and assignments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in constant state of alertness.
- Must be reliable, punctual and trustworthy.
- Reflect attendance dependability.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work effectively in office and field work.