Position Title: Fire Alarm Lead Installer
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Position Grade: Class 7
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Summary of Duties:
The Plumbing Technician completes all electrical alarm installs efficiently and accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- By working closely with the project manager, warehouse manager and apprentices, complete jobs on time and under budget, helping achieve the company’s financial goals.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to ensure highest levels of satisfaction.
- Show professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Ensure jobs are properly staged; sign off on job quality checklist.
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Adhere to the company’s plan for resolving customer complaints quickly and favorably.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, and technical vendor training.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure on-time, high quality installations.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, timecards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Clean, safe driving record.
- NICET Certification (preferred)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License to include active liability insurance.
- Successful completion of required criminal record and motor vehicle record background checks.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Loud noise levels.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as fax, phones, computers.
- Ability to travel to construction, job and warehouse sites.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients.
- Ability to interact with others with positive professionalism.
- Ability to accurately read and understand technical instructions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to adapt and take on new assignments as needed.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and assignments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in constant state of alertness.
- Must be reliable, punctual and trustworthy.
- Reflect attendance dependability.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work effectively in office and field work.