Position Title: Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Driver
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Position Grade: Class 6
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Summary of Duties:
The CDL Driver must possess a Class A or B CDL License. This position will be responsible for hauling loads locally in Tuscaloosa while driving manual transmission trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely transporting goods to and from specified locations according to company delivery schedules.
- Properly secure goods to ensure that they are not damaged in transit.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of goods, using hand trucks and electric lifts as required.
- Notifying management of any accidents, parking tickets, vehicle damage, and major maintenance issues.
- Ensuring that the company truck is clean and well-maintained at all times.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Proven experience driving manual transmission trucks.
- A clean driving records.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Class A or B commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Valid Driver’s License to include active liability insurance.
- Successful completion of required criminal record and motor vehicle record background checks.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Loud noise levels.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients.
- Ability to interact with others with positive professionalism.
- Ability to accurately read and understand technical instructions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to adapt and take on new assignments as needed.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and assignments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in constant state of alertness.
- Must be reliable, punctual and trustworthy.
- Reflect attendance dependability.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work effectively in office and field work.