Leadership is an essential skill for all supervisors and managers, especially if you are new to the job. Truly successful supervisors and managers master the art of leading. It’s through effective leadership that employees are motivated to perform at their best. It’s through effective leadership that companies achieve their goals, and departments meet productivity, quality, service, and safety standards. This course deals with what it means to be an effective leader and provides the information needed to develop first-class leadership skills.
The main objective of this session is to discuss the important supervisory and managerial topic of leadership and explain how to become a more effective leader.
By the time this session is over, participants should be able to:
• Identify the qualities of effective leaders;
• Understand different leadership styles;
• Build credibility and trust;
• Use leadership techniques to ensure success;
• Lead teams effectively; and
• Lead employees skillfully in challenging times of change.
Workshop Lead: Mildred Black Hooks, EMBA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Founder and Principal Consultant, People Optimum Consulting, LLC