The Diverse Business Council (formerly Minority Business Council) will host the 5th Annual Diversity Summit this fall! The Summit is a half day full of information on various business educational topics that will benefit professionals and small business owners.
8:00 - 8:30: Check -In / Visit Vendors
8:30 - 11:10am: Morning Session
Inclusion, the Engine that Fuels Diversity
presented by Tanja Bell, Birmingham Airport Authority
PAID: Payroll Audit Independent Determination
presented by Christina Coleman-Lovelace, U.S. Department of Labor -
Wage and Hour Division
11:30am - 1:00pm: Lunch Program - Panel Discussion, Realistic Conversations,
with local elected officials and business leaders
- Walt Maddox, Mayor, City of Tuscaloosa
- Jay Logan, City Council President, City of Northport
- Michele Coley, Owner, Allstate Coley Agency
- Jheovanny Gomez, Owner, Jalapeno's Mexican Grill
- Laura Gregory, Owner, Laura K. Gregory P.C.
- Moderator - Thomas Dedrick, Raymond James & Associates / DBC Chair